Hugo Chavez is railing against the Netherlands and claiming that they are conspiring with the US against him. He may have a point. After all:
- Dutch treat is no treat at all.
- A Dutch door is really only half a door.
- A Dutch uncle isn't very avuncular.
- Dutch comfort is hardly comforting.
- Dutch courage requires alcohol.
- A Dutch wife has nothing to do with marital bliss.
One wonders if Chavez fears hordes of hut sput and herring sandwich chomping hordes rolling huge wheels of Gouda down the main streets of Caracas, destroying the rain forest of Venezuela in order to make shoes.